Biedermann Hoenig Semprevivo, P.C., Associate (February 2017 – Present)
- Defend corporations in civil lawsuits involving claims of personal injury, property damage, construction/Labor Law, and employment and labor disputes, including claims brought under Title VII, ADEA, ADA and local and state laws.
Fabiani, Cohen & Hall, LLP, Associate (September 2015 – January 2017)
- Represent owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors and municipal entities in connection with the defense of property damage and bodily injury cases, insurance coverage disputes, and contractual and Labor Law claims. Defend premises liability, products liability, commercial transportation liability and professional liability claims.
Shafer Glazer, LLP, Associate (September 2014 – September 2015); Intern (May 2013 – April 2014)
- Handled all aspects of pre-trial litigation and discovery for general, automobile, personal injury, premises, construction, and workers’ compensation liability. Assessed cases and prepared case valuations and strategy recommendations. Conducted legal research and prepared and argued discovery and dispositive motions and arbitrations. Attended court conferences. Conducted and defended depositions. Corresponded regularly with clients and insurance adjusters. Engaged in settlement negotiations and settled cases when appropriate.
Mangan Ginsberg LLP, Intern (January 2014 – April 2014)
- Conducted research and drafted memoranda recommending legal arguments to be made in motions in the following areas: criminal defense, federal civil rights violations, breach of contract, international commercial arbitration, medical malpractice, and commercial litigation. Drafted complaints, bills of particular, and motions.
New York City Law Department, Intern, Special Federal Litigation Division (August 2012 – April 2013)
- Managed a caseload of Section 1983 matters involving federal civil rights claims against the City of New York and its employees. Drafted and filed answers, served and responded to interrogatories and document requests, and engaged in motion practice, including summary judgment motions. Took the deposition of a plaintiff asserting false arrest and excessive force claims.
The Legal Aid Society, Intern, Housing Department (Summer 2012)
- Interviewed low-income clients facing eviction proceedings, assessed issues, and developed case strategies. Advocated on behalf of clients to social service agencies and negotiated with city agencies and private landlords to obtain subsidies and resolve issues. Conducted research and drafted motions, affidavits, and memoranda of law.
Barger & Wolen, LLP, Litigation Paralegal (March 2010 – March 2012)
- Coordinated filing of motions and supporting documentation, assisted in document production and review, and prepared materials for use at depositions, oral arguments, and hearings.
New York and New Jersey; Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; District of New Jersey
Brooklyn Law School, Juris Doctor (May 2014)
- Honors: Business Manager, The Brooklyn Journal of International Law; Moot Court Honor Society, Appellate Division
- Activities: Co-Chair of the Unemployment Action Center
- Awards: Gold Pro Bono Award (awarded for completion of more than 500 hours of pro bono work)
Skidmore College, Bachelor of Science, Management and Business; Minor, Government (January 2010)
Cyber Liability, Data Loss and Privacy Claims—Preparing, Protecting and Defending, INSIDE, a Publication of the Corporate Counsel Section of the New York State Bar Association (Vol. 31, No. 2, Fall 2013).
New York Women’s Bar Association (2014 – Present)
New York City Bar Association (2011 – Present) – 2017 Member of the Domestic Violence Committee